ABC: ACADEMICS, BUSINESS AND COMMUNITY
The Education Committee is made up of a group of educators (teachers, principals and superintendents) from the Carlsbad and Encinitas Union School District and businesses who are interested in a meaningful dialogue about how to ensure that students are prepared for, and have the necessary skills for, the best possible future.
Education Committee Goals:
- Connect the needs of business with the curriculum and passion of education; create a better understanding of those needs between schools, businesses and the community through a variety of activities that are mutually beneficial in the areas of mentorship, real world learning and educational excellence.
- Motivate our schools to creatively foster relationships by networking with community groups, sharing resources with local businesses and nurturing corporate sponsors.
- Improve the synergy between education and the community by forming collaborative partnerships between schools and businesses in both city-wide and individual school settings.
- Celebrate learning, expand teacher and student horizons and support children’s real world learning through mentorship, internships and partnerships.
- Build bridges between stakeholders in our children’s future through community passion and awareness.