Government Affairs Committee (GAC)
YOUR LEGISLATIVE CONNECTION
The Government Affairs Committee monitors and acts on local, state and federal legislation. Develops relationships with public officials to ensure business input and representation at all levels of government.
GAC meets the first Wednesday of each month from 7:30 to 9:00 a.m. at the Chamber office.
Chair: Michelle Herrera, Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
Co-Chair: Catherine Magana, WWM Financial
Carlsbad Chamber staff liaison: Toni Padron, 760-931-8400, ext. 212
The mission of the Government Affairs Committee is to represent the interests of the business community in local, state and federal legislative issues and to communicate those interests to members, the community and elected officials.
Government Affairs Committee Goals:
- Expand Periodic Joint Meetings with Area Elected Officials and CCOC Board
- Create Public Policy (Government Relations) Roundtables
- Sacramento & Washington DC Lobbying Trips
- Develop methods for broader and larger committee membership
- Develop Alliances w/ industry groups & other advocacy partners
The Government Affairs Committee is open to ALL Carlsbad Chamber members. For more information or to join the committee, please call at (760) 931-8400.